Move better, feel better with Physio + Pilates Noosa
Pilates Studio equipment classes
Why Physio + Pilates?
At Physio Plus Pilates Noosa our staff have all qualified with full certification with the highly respected international programmes of BASI (Body, Arts and Science International), PITC (Pilates International Training Centre), Breathe education, and Polestar training. These courses are comprehensive, and take almost 2 years to complete, including more than 300 hours of observation and assistant teaching before achieving certification. Our Studio is certified to provide practical training hours for students of Tensegrity, PITC, and BREATHE education.
Our team of enthusiastic staff work together to ensure your classes are enjoyable, safe, and appropriate for your fitness level and any specific individual conditions or goals you may have. All our instructors work under the supervision of a Pilates- qualified Physiotherapist, giving you confidence you are in the best of hands.
From private sessions, to studio and mat classes, we work to strengthen muscles while maintaining alignment and encouraging muscle activation. Our studio is fitted with Reformers, Cadillac and Wunda Chairs, and you will generally use each one of these pieces of equipment during a studio class. Each piece of equipment has differing benefits to challenge your body in many different ways to ensure you are never bored.
Your first visit:
- 1hour appointment
- Physiotherapist Assessment of your strength, flexibility, balance, mobility and any pre existing injuries.
- Physio Treatment if required
- Introduction to the Pilates Principles and Basic Pilates exercises.
- A Personalised programme will be set up to suit your body, conditions and fitness goals.
If you have an injury, please don’t just jump into a group Pilates class, there is a bit more to consider. Physio assessment and private sessions are the way to go at first, until you are safe to go into group work. All of our studio clients must have a physio assessment before doing any Pilates classes.
- Rehabilitation – Physiotherapist Supervised Exercise
Under the care of a Physiotherapist your Exercise programme will be adapted to suit your condition and progressed appropriately through the stages of your rehabilitation.
Common conditions include
- Back & Neck Pain
- Hip & Knee Replacements
- Shoulder Injuries
- Neurological Conditions
- Sports Injuries
Studio Equipment Classes
These classes are 55mins length and are supervised by a Certified Pilates instructor under Physio supervision. We utilise all the traditional Pilates equipment in these classes.
If you have been having Physio treatment, and your condition has stabilised, we advise you to transfer to Studio Pilates classes to maintain your strength and flexibility.
Owing to COVID restrictions, there will be a maximum of 3 people per class to enable us to support the social distance guidelines and give you the individual attention you need.
Studio Policy Amended due to COVID-19
At Physio Plus Pilates Noosa, we aim to provide a comfortable and safe experience within our studio. To comply with Government health directives, we ask you to respect and follow our policies:
Please do not attend ( and consult your Doctor) if :
- You have any signs or symptoms of respiratory illness (cough, sneezes, fever, sore throat)
- You have been in contact with a known COVID case
- You have been to a known “hot-spot” in the past 14 days
Please follow our new guidelines once you have an appointment:
- Wait outside (weather permitting) until your class time to allow members of the previous class to exit
- Use hand sanitiser available at the entry desk.
- Adhere to 1.5 metre social distance guidelines in the studio
- A clean towel and pilates socks required at all times
- Classes are reduced to 50 minutes to allow cleaning of all equipment, mats, props, etc . Hand sanitiser, disinfectant wipes, masks, gloves are all available for your personal use as well.
- Our equipment has been placed to keep within the spacing guidelines – please do not move it.
- Contactless payment preferred
- All other surfaces and common contact points are cleaned regularly throughout the day
- Our other policies remain in place:
- Block sessions will expire after 6 months
- 24 hours notice is required for cancellations, or you will be charged our full fee
- Memberships can be put on hold (due to illness or holiday) if we are given notice.
- Please be aware that if you have a prolonged absence (more than 4 weeks) we may not be able to keep your regular time for you when you return.