Move better, feel better with Physio + Pilates Noosa
Physio and Pilates Exercise and Studio equipment classes
Why Physio + Pilates?
At Physio Plus Pilates Noosa our staff have all qualified with full certification with the highly respected international programmes of BASI (Body, Arts and Science International), PITC (Pilates International Training Centre), or Tensegrity training. These courses are comprehensive, and take almost 2 years to complete, including more than 300 hours of observation and assistant teaching before achieving certification. Our Studio is certified to provide practical training hours for students of Tensegrity, PITC, and BREATHE education.
Our team of enthusiastic staff work together to ensure your classes are enjoyable, safe, and appropriate for your fitness level and any specific individual conditions or goals you may have. All our instructors work under the supervision of a Pilates- qualified Physiotherapist, giving you confidence you are in the best of hands.
From private sessions, to studio and mat classes, we work to strengthen muscles while maintaining alignment and encouraging muscle activation. Our studio is fitted with Reformers, Cadillac and Wunda Chairs.
Your first visit:
- 1hour appointment
- Physiotherapist Assessment of your strength, flexibility, balance, mobility and any pre existing injuries.
- Real time ultrasound on your deep abdominal muscles. This allows us to assess your ability to activate your core muscles and teach you the correct technique as the basis of Pilates training.
- Introduction to the Pilates Principles and Basic Pilates exercises.
- A Personalised programme will be set up to suit your body, conditions and fitness goals.
If you have an injury, please don’t just jump into a group Pilates class, there is a bit more to consider. Physio assessment and private sessions are the way to go at first, until you are safe to go into group work. All of our studio clients must have a physio assessment before doing any Pilates classes.
- Rehabilitation – Physiotherapist Supervised Group Exercise Classes
Under the care of a Physiotherapist your Exercise programme will be adapted to suit your condition and progressed appropriately through the stages of your rehabilitation.
Common conditions include
- Back & Neck Pain
- Hip & Knee Replacements
- Shoulder Injuries
- Neurological Conditions
- Sports Injuries
Studio Equipment Classes
These classes are an hour’s length and are supervised by a certified pilates instructor under Physio supervision. We utilise all the traditional Pilates equipment in these classes.
If you have been having Physio treatment, and your condition has stabilised, you may wish to transfer to Studio Pilates classes to maintain your strength and flexibility.
There will be a maximum of 4 people per class to enable us to give you the individual attention you need.
At Physio Plus Pilates Noosa, we aim to provide a comfortable experience within our studio. To keep the studio up to standard we ask that you follow our policies:
- Socks & towels are required at each session
- Block sessions will expire after 6 months
- 24 hours notice is required for cancellations, or you will be charged our full fee
- Memberships can be put on hold (due to illness or holiday) if we are given notice